As a Senior Staff Design Engineer, you will lead the design and development efforts for medical devices within the framework of a cross-functional team.
Provide guidance on and complete the following:
- Create medical device designs to meet users’ needs from concept to implementation.
- Build functional prototypes for device development.
- Perform root cause analysis on component and product failures, and implement corrective actions in order to improve products and processes
- Improve designs in design reviews
- Understand clinical needs and relevant surgical procedures to interpret users’ needs in order to create relevant design requirements and specifications
- Review engineering documents such as instructions, drawings, test procedures, and reports for accuracy and compliance.
- Coordinate the documentation of design efforts for the Design History File
- Research and qualify new technologies, materials, and manufacturing processes
- Teach, guide and mentor other team members in your areas of expertise to help with technical development